This page is designed to biblically search out answers for some of the difficult questions that are asked within the Church.
Did God create evil? Something to read and consider. Did God create evil
Biblically are women to be Pastors in Church??
It is very important to not see this issue as men versus women. This is not an issue of chauvinism or discrimination. It is an issue of biblical understanding and submitting to what God says.
- The Word of God proclaims, “A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent.” 1 Timothy 2:11-12
- The Word of God proclaims, “If a man desires the position of a Bishop (overseer), he desires a good work. A bishop must be blameless the husband of one wife.” 1 Timothy 3:1-7
- The Word of God proclaims, “If a man is blameless, the husband of one wife, having faithful children not accused of dissipation or insubordination. For a bishop must be blameless, as a steward of God,” Titus 1:6-9
- God has ordained that only men are to serve in positions of spiritual teaching authority in the church. This is not because men are necessarily better teachers, or because women are inferior or less intelligent (which is not the case). It is simply the way God designed the church to function. Men are to set the example in spiritual leadership—in their lives and through their words. Women are to take a less authoritative role.
- Many women excel in gifts of hospitality, mercy, teaching, and helps. Much of the ministry of the local church depends on women. Women in the church are not restricted from public praying or prophesying, only from having spiritual teaching authority over men. 1 Corinthians 11:5
- Women are encouraged to teach other women and be active in instructing children. Titus 2:3-5
- Women can be deaconesses in the Church. Romans 16:1
- Summary: The only activity women are restricted from is teaching men or having spiritual authority over them. This logically would preclude women from serving as pastors/preachers. This does not make women less important, by any means, but rather gives them a ministry focus more in agreement with God’s plan and His gifting of them.
Old Testament Law and New Testament Believers (Why being saved by Grace, we still apply portions of the Law. Click link to read): O.T. Law and N.T. Believers
Science Confirms the Bible Fact Sheet:
|THE BIBLE (2,000–3,000 years ago) HAS ALWAYS SAID:||SCIENCE ONCE SAID:||SCIENCE NOW SAYS:|
|The earth is a sphere (Isaiah 40:22).||The earth was a flat disk.||The earth is a sphere.|
|Innumerable stars (Jeremiah 33:22).||Only 1,100 stars.||Innumerable stars.|
|Free float of earth in space (Job 26:7).||Earth sat on a large animal.||Free float of earth in space.|
|Creation made of invisible elements (Hebrews 11:3).||Science was ignorant on the subject.||Creation made of invisible elements (atoms).|
|Each star is different (1 Corinthians 15:41).||All stars were the same.||Each star is different.|
|Light moves (Job 38:19,20).||Light was fixed in place.||Light moves.|
|Air has weight (Job 28:25).||Air was weightless.||Air has weight.|
|Winds blow in cyclones (Ecclesiastes 1:6).||Winds blew straight.||Winds blow in cyclones.|
|Blood is the source of life and health (Leviticus 17:11).||Sick people must be bled.||Blood is the source of life and health.|
|Ocean floor contains deep valleys and mountains (2 Samuel 22:16; Jonah 2:6).||The ocean floor was flat.||Ocean floor contains deep valleys and mountains.|
|Ocean contains springs (Job 38:16).||Ocean fed only by rivers and rain.||Ocean contains springs.|
|When dealing with disease, hands should be washed under running water (Leviticus 15:13).||Hands washed in still water.||When dealing with disease, hands should be washed under running water.|